I’m sure you’ll agree with me that the Terry Crews Old Spice commercials are absolute classics.
They’re probably a big reason why I subconsciously choose Old Spice when I’m buying deodorant. But Terry Crews is way more than just a super muscular actor in hilarious TV ads. It turns out he’s a really deep dude.
In a recent interview with Tim Ferriss, Crews spoke on a bunch of different topics like how he survived the crack epidemic, painted his football teammates in college, and the tumultuous relationship he’s had with his father.
Here are 15 of my favorite quotes from Terry Crews, a man who proves people are often way more than what’s on the surface.
Terry Crews Quotes
1. “Vulnerability is not weakness.” – Terry Crews
2. “Life is a confidence game” – Terry Crews
3. “You should never be satisfied with what you got. The attempt to get more makes you into something better” – Terry Crews
4. “Be happy and dissatisfied” –Terry Crews
5. “How are you going to get justice, and you aren’t even treating the women in your circle with justice?” – Terry Crews
6. “Men compartmentalize trauma—but it always comes back.” – Terry Crews
7. “You cannot treat people like they are less than human.” – Terry Crews
8. “If you’re making anybody uncomfortable, don’t do that. It’s not that hard.” – Terry Crews
9. “These guys want to do their dirt and then be quiet about it. You think it’s the end of the game, but I’m telling you right now — it’s the third quarter. Bring your ass back out on the field.” – Terry Crews
10. “Don’t talk about working out. You can do it all day, but do it.” – Terry Crews
11.“You work hard because you’re inspired to, not because you have to. Work becomes fun, and you have work hard for days because this life is not a ‘young man’s game.’ It is an ‘inspired person’s game.” – Terry Crews
12. “Courage begets courage.” – Terry Crews
13. “Get rid of any self-sabotage and you can get anything you want.” – Terry Crews
14. “People are not objects to be used. They are people to be loved.” – Terry Crews
15. “I’d rather die doing something I feel is great and amazing rather than be safe and comfortable living a life I hate.” – Terry Crews
I really admire Terry Crews for his courage to challenge the preconceptions we have about masculinity.
Crews definitely defines the saying “don’t judge a book by its cover.” He looks like the typical loud-mouthed, cocky alpha-male on the outside, but inside, he’s a deep, introspective guy who speaks out on topics many shy away from.
I highly suggest checking out the podcast interview with Tim Ferriss and Terry Crews. It’s a hilarious and illuminating look into the life of a fascinating man.
If you enjoyed these Terry Crews quotes, I think you’ll enjoy reading these motivational quotes from Jocko Willink, a retired Navy Seal who’s a genius at training people to become better leaders.